Tattoo needle is one of the most important equipments of tattooing. If an artist don’t handle it carefully while tattooing, it can give a really bad experience to the artist and to the one who is getting tattoo. I would like to share a few things which you might know, or might not if you are a beginner.
- The number on any tattoo needle shows the diameter of needle.
No. 6 – 0.20 mm gauge (smallest)
No. 8 – 0.25 mm gauge
No. 10 – 0.30 mm gauge
No. 12 – 0.35 mm gauge(largest)
- Smaller the needle is, better it is to make detailed designs.
- If you wonder how deep a needle goes into your, it is just 1/16th of an inch.
- Tattoo needles are never a single needle. The needles are always in grouping and these are categorized according to the way groupings are done. These are round tattoo needles, flat tattoo needles and magnum tattoo needles. Single needles are rarely used by artists sometimes for outlining.
- If your artist uses disposable needles, make sure that they are destroyed or not; and if he is using non-disposable, make sure they are sterilization properly or not.
- If you are willing to learn tattooing, do not expect you can learn everything by internet. This is because you can get so many information on internet but not all, and incomplete information can be really dangerous in tattooing.